To submit an application to our school, please complete the following form and select Submit Application.
There is a fee of $75.00 associated with this application.
Specific information about the application requirements can be found at: www.vcfa.edu/programs-faculty/wcya/admissions
It is not necessary to create an account in order to complete an application for admission. If you will not complete the application in one sitting please SAVE the form and you will receive an email with directions on how to access the form for future completion.
Before you complete this application form, you should have your attachments prepared and your credit card available to pay the application fee. You may also SAVE this form so long as you do so before selecting "Submit Application" Once you are on the Attachments page you will have approximately 10 minutes of inactivity before you will be timed out. Should you be timed out, you will need to send attachments by standard mail to the address below.
Items to be submitted online with this form:
1) a $75.00 non-refundable application fee (payment by credit card is required when using this form, and must be submitted at the time of application completion)
2) a manuscript of your work
3) an application essay
4) a brief critical essay -- for more information go to http://www.vcfa.edu/programs-faculty/wcya/admissions/writing-critical-essay
5) a list of all workshops, writers' conferences and other non-credit courses attended (include dates, sponsor, location and faculty/workshop leader)
6) a list of all publications prizes, honors, and grants related to your work
Additional items to be submitted separately:
5) An official B.A/B.S. transcript, sent directly from the issuing institution
6) Two letters of recommendation should be sent directly by the providers
Items sent separately should be directed to: MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults, Office of Admissions, Vermont College of Fine Arts, 36 College Street, Montpelier, VT 05602.
Contact Admissions toll-free at (866) 934-8232, ext. 8829 if you have questions.